Sense & Sensuality

...sex, succulence, spirit. And some satire and sarcasm. But not as much. This is the yummy page.

Friday, December 09, 2005

I Want Candy!



...Now that I've been poking around the Candy Blog, which is, appropriately enough, all about the sweetmeats. (The sugared kind that you chew and swallow, yes).



I am learning a lot from this blog. Did you know that Kit Kat bars come in dozens of flavors, most of which are only available outside the U.S.? I didn't 'til I read Cybele's review of several of them, including the Japanese-specific wine flavor.





I don't know why the idea of this last (wine-flavored candy! wine-flavored Kit Kats!) sends me so. I don't even know if I'd like eating it, although I'm certainly willing to try. Something about the familiar made exotic, I suppose, if you want to get all quasi-academic about it. It just strongly gives me the surreal-yet-banal feeling of some of my dreams, which, in addition to the usual compendium of ravening wolves and flunked exams and so on, often feature such motifs as supermarket shelves stocked with "cherry milk," which I've looked for in real life, in vain. (Strawberry, yes; green tea, even, yes. Cherry, no. And no, I don't actually want to drink any of them).

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Sweet Tarts and Goodies (licorice inside with candy coating). Those are my all time favourites. I've never been into chocolate. I can't eat just one sweet tart. I eat the entire roll in one sitting. They must be taken away from me forceably. I also favour chips to candy, mostly. One friend once joked that he would buy me a salt lick for my birthday. Now that would be as dandy as tour of the sweet tarts factory (I'd never make it out alive).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home